9 days and 8 nights in the beautiful Colombian Highlands
Only a short 5 hr direct flight from Newark Liberty Airport. We’ll spend 6 nights in the heart of the historic Candelaria District of Bogota and 2 nights in the UNSECO World Heritage Village of Villa de Leyva, a 450 year old Spanish Colonial town complete with central plaza and cathedral.
$1399 includes direct airfare* from Newark Liberty, 6 nights in the beautifully renovated 3 star Casa Deco Hotel in Bogota, 2 nights in the Antonio Narino Hotel in Villa de Leyva, all transfers in Colombia, breakfast daily, pre-departure meeting and the services of our Spanish speaking native Colombian guide, Manuel Fresneda of Terra Cafe in Easton.
Things to know
• While Bogota sits very near the equator, it is 8600 feet’ above sea level in the Andes mountains.
• The average daily temperature in February is a balmy 70 degrees and sunny
• Colombia is the next big thing... business is booming and tourism is on the rise. Discover it now.
• Beer is booming!!! The Bogota Beer Co. makes some nice Belgian styles!
• Bogota is quickly becoming South America’s newest culinary darling.
Things to do
• Salsa dancing in Bogota!
• The Gold Museum. A national treasure.
• Visit a coffee plantation and Hacienda.
• Enjoy the open air market in Villa de Leyva.
• Hike to the waterfalls in the surrounding mountains.
• Ride the cable car to Monserrate and look down on Bogota from 10,000 feet above sea level.
• Spend a night in the jungle!!!’
• Visit the underground cathedral of Zipaquira, carved out of a salt mine.
• SO MUCH MORE!