Colombian Yoga Retreat. Santa Marta to Palomino.
January 27 - February 2, 2018
A perfect escape from old man winter.
Discover the magic of Colombia. Practice yoga in paradise daily to disconnect from the world and to reconnect with yourself. Pristine beaches, laid back bohemian beach towns and the historic Caribbean city of Santa Marta await you. Colombia is less than 5 hours by Air. Four nights nights on a practically deserted beach in Palomino and two nights in the Jaba Nibue luxury resort overlooking laid back playa grande beach just a taxi ride away from the vibrant nightlife of Santa Marta.
$1799 includes round trip airfare from JFK, daily yoga and meditation, four nights on the beach in undiscovered and unspoiled Palomino and two nights at the Jaba Nibue luxury resort, all transfers in Colombia, breakfast daily, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, pre-departure meeting and the services of our Spanish speaking native Colombian guide, Manuel Fresneda of Terra Cafe in Easton.
All rates are double occupancy and include airfare. For single occupancy and/or land-only rates, please email email@example.com.
Meet your Yoga Teacher, Laurel...
Laurel has been teaching yoga for over a decade throughout the Lehigh Valley and all over the globe. She often likes to describe herself as a yoga gypsy who loves her home, but loves to explore the beauty of the world and help others experience it with her. Her yoga teaching style encourages her students to disconnect from the world and reconnect with themselves. Flow through yoga poses, breathe with intention and connect with the beauty within and without. Laurel’s classes are for all levels and she will provide modifications as needed. Join Laurel in Colombia for another epic adventure.
Want to know more about Laurel and her teaching style, click HERE!
Things to know
• The average annual year-round temperature on the Colombian Caribbean Coast is a balmy 88 degrees. February is one of the sunniest months of the year with the least amount of rainfall.
• February is the perfect time to visit right after the high season. We'll have more space at the local restaurants and the weather is perfect.
• Colombia is the next big thing... business is booming and tourism is on the rise. Discover it now, before the crowds.
• Beer is booming!!! The Bogota Beer Co. makes some nice Belgian styles! And there are new microbreweries popping up everywhere.
• Colombia is consistently ranked as one of the happiest countries on the planet. Come with us and find out why.
Things to do
• Daily Yoga and meditation with Laurel
• Salsa dancing in Santa Marta!
• Tour Santa Marta's historic city center.
• The seafood doesn't get any fresher. Watch the fisherman sell their catch right on the beach and then follow the chefs back to the restaurants. You can even pick out your own fish!
• Go fishing.
• Visit Tayrona National Park, a pristine beachfront paradise just a few miles from our hotel. (Or a quick boat ride!)
• Enjoy Colombia's fabulous cuisine.
• Go snorkeling.
• RELAX ON THE BEACH.
• Drink some rum and RELAX ON THE BEACH
• Take a day trip to Minca in the Sierra Madre mountains and visit a coffee plantation, or hike to the waterfalls
• SO MUCH MORE!
Itinerary for 2018 trip.
Jan 27, 2018. Saturday Day 1
Avianca flight AV245 departs JFK 12:10AM and arrives in Santa Marta at 9:00AM after a brief layover in Bogota. Transfer by private coach from airport to our beautiful beachside bungalows in Palomino. We will stop in Santa Marta to stretch our legs and have a look around, then on to the unspoiled sands of Palomino. Once arrived, beachside yoga to stretch it all out and to begin the disconnect from the “real world.” Overnight in El Matuy guest cabanas. Dinner will be provided.
Jan 28, 2018. Sunday Day 2
Start your morning with Yoga/meditation and then nothing to do but relax on the beach and soak up the glorious beauty of the Caribbean... oh wait, maybe get a massage on the nearly empty beach! Or take a walk into town, maybe go for a swim or take a nap. Life is so hard down here. ;-) Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided. Overnight in El Matuy guest cabanas.
Jan 29, 2018. Monday Day 3
Yoga flow and meditation beachside and then more relaxation or exploring. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at El Matuy. Day free at your leisure. Overnight in El Matuy guest cabanas. Suggest –Enjoy the beach, go tubing down the local river, or visit with the indigenous peoples in the nearby village.
Jan 30, 2018. Tuesday Day 4
Start your day with Yoga and meditation and then nothing to do but relax on the beach and soak up the glorious beauty of the Caribbean... oh wait, maybe get a massage on the nearly empty beach! Or take a walk into town, maybe go for a swim or take a nap. Life is so hard down here. ;-) Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided. Overnight in El Matuy guest cabanas.
Jan 31, 2018. Wednesday Day 5
Wake for our final day and Yoga session in paradise. Breakfast and lunch served at hotel. After lunch our coach departs for the fabulous Jaba Nibue luxury resort overlooking Playa Grande beach just outside of Taganga. Afternoon and evening free at your leisure. Overnight in the Jaba Nibue resort.
Feb 1, 2018. Thursday Day 6
Rise and shine for Yoga flow and meditation. Breakfast served at hotel. Day free at your leisure. Overnight in the Jaba Nibue resort. Suggest – Daytrip to the small mountain village of Minca, perched 1800 feet above Santa Marta in the Sierra Nevada. Delicious organic coffee and beautiful scenery and waterfalls. Or, maybe a day snorkeling on the beach steps from our cliffside oasis. Or perhaps go into Taganga or Santa Marta for some shopping. Thursday night visit Santa Marta for a gourmet dinner and watch as the streets come alive.
Feb 2, 2018. Friday Day 7
Breakfast served at hotel. Meet in lobby. Our coach departs 9:30am for transfer to airport for flight home. Avianca Flight AV9787 departs 12:24pm and arrives in JFK at 9:00PM after a brief layover in Bogota, Colombia.